[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.5 performance session

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Feb 14 08:43:04 CET 2011

Hi,

> long term solution: we need a smaller init.php for ajax calls. It's not
> necessary to load all TCA / localconfs etc just for save a setting in
> BE-USER->uc. Ideal would be to have defined what you need for a special
> request, so eg BE_USER save/get only need user initialization.

That was the whole idea of refactoring init.php: cut it into small
functional chunks, that can be included as needed. This was it would be
very easy to create a variety of initialization scripts, tailored to
suit particular needs.

As I'm concentrating on documentation I won't have time to push this
further, but Christian picked it up recently under the heading of
"bootstrapping" and I know Benni is also interested in the topic. IMO it
would be a very good project to kickstart in Berlin.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter