[TYPO3-dev] GIFBUILDER Problem after upgrade to 4.5

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 12 14:36:28 CET 2011

Hi,

On 11-2-2011 9:53, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> I will not render the menu the background image is displayed, but the
> text is added after to the right as dots.

I could reproduce the problem partly; with another font (I don't have
the font you use) the text was not displayed at all in the circumstances
you described.
The problem occurs with ImageMagick-6.6.6-10-Q16 and
ImageMagick-6.6.7-6-Q16. With ImageMagick-6.6.7-6-Q8 the Install Tool
mage tests with Nicetext, shadow, etc. simply fail.

With GraphicsMagick (1.3.12) the menu renders correctly with both
backColors and both GIF files.

It seems that IM is really messed up with handling of transparency :-(

Things you can try:
- turn of Nicetext; with most fonts it doesn't look very well at all. If
a TrueType font looks bad the Type1 version can look better
- use only a background color instead of a GIF with a single solid colour
- use GraphicsMagick (it also seems to be faster)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert