[TYPO3-dev] ´TYPO3 Development Invironment

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:18:48 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a topic I you like to discuss.

My question is: How to setup a proper TYPO3 development invironment, as
I see it there are several issues need to consider.

How do you manage to keep track of changes in development and production
invironment ?

The php files is simple, cause svn/cvs/git etc.

We consider making the TS as plain files too, such they are easier to
versioning.

The main problem is, how to maintain the Database, do you make
sql-patches or how do you apply new fields etc on production data?

Hope my question are clear, think its a difficult topic to explain
clearly by mail. Behaps a skype-talk could help =)

All inputs are welcome, and if more information is prefered, i'll be
glad to share.

ps: I'm so sorry, if any recieve duplets of this email, I didn't recieve
it my self, so took the chance of sending it again.. Sorry if so.

Best Regards
Tomas Norre Mikkelsen