[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap hooks - problem in 4.5

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Feb 7 10:08:14 CET 2011

> I'm _totally_ confused, I was trying to fix my hooks to reflect news
> rules with no luck :/ What's more I reviewed other similar extensions
> (even published in january 2011 (before official 4.5 publishing)) and
> none of them is working anymore...
>
> Maybe somebody who was working on new hooking ways could create simple
> example ext in ter for this job?

The problem is not the hook or the way it's implemented but Jigal
already mentioned what could be the reason:

There's an array $stdWrapOrder in tslib_cObj which determines both which
properties are available and in which order they are executed.
This has been done to make it possible to replace the huge "if"
construct with real classes and function calls.

The $conf array is intersected with this array and this way the custom
stdWrap property you want to use is removed. So it's not enough to just
implement the function. It has to be added to this array as well.
You can use the stdWrapPreProcess hook to modify the array and add your
own property to $stdWrapOrder.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian