[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap hooks - problem in 4.5

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 6 23:06:29 CET 2011

Hi,

On 6-2-2011 22:17, Steffen Müller wrote:
> On 04.02.2011 20:16 Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Look in typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php lines 577-591. In
>> 4.5 your hook code has to implement the interface
>> tslib_content_stdWrapHook (see
>> typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/interfaces/interface.tslib_content_stdwraphook.php)
>>

> I am a bit confused now. Did I get it right, that this is a breaking
> change of behaviour of hooks? Implementing interfaces is not documented
> in TYPO3 core API docs. Or is the interface just meant as a "friendly
> hint" to use the hook like the interface demonstrates?

I didn't look in earlier versions, but in 4.4, 4.3, 4.2 (I stopped
looking there) the stdWrap hooks are done in the same way. It is
actually one of the documented way of doing hooks (a certain defined
function in a class supplied by the hook subscriber), but uses the
interface for validating that the function is declared in the right way.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert