[TYPO3-dev] GIFBUILDER Problem after upgrade to 4.5

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 21:29:23 CET 2011

Hi,

On 4-2-2011 14:25, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> I have just update a typo3-website, from 4.2.12 -> 4.5 ( I know large
> gap), after upgrade typo3_src and typo3-ext it almost works like a
> charm, except my Menu and Header build with GIFBUILDER.
>
> Any know issues on this topic that i'm not aware of?

If you have safe_mode enabled or if you're using PHP 5.2.x on Windows
there may be a problem.

For the first situation the general advise (also from the PHP manual) is
to disable safe_mode (see PHP manual for the reasons).
For the latter I have to say that you've encountered a PHP bug. Because
PHP 5.2.x is end of life, this won't be fixed in PHP.

Both issues are on my radar, but we haven't found a solution yet which
works in all situations. I hope to have a solution ready for 4.5.1

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert