[TYPO3-dev] 4.5: Backend layout selector

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Feb 3 12:45:42 CET 2011

Hey Joey,

>>> Could you paste some sample TCA snippet (or a text extension) where we
>>> see this misbehaviour?
>>
>> Here is a TCA example - nothing special though.
>>
>> 'type' => 'select',
>> 'foreign_table' => 'some_table',
>> 'size' => 1,
>> 'minitems' => 1,
>> 'items' => array(
>> array('',''),
>> ),
>>
>> Using a setup like this never showed any icons before.
>
> Taking a look at the history of the class you will notice that
> suppress_icons has always been there and noIconsBelowSelect has been
> introduced to still remove them in case that icons will be used within
> the selectbox (like with doktypes).

I don't doubt that those settings are around for quite a while, but I
wonder why select fields not having a related foreign_table won't show
up any icons whereas ones with foreign_table certainly do.

Does it even make sense to automatically display icons for select fields
getting their options filled by a foreign table? I suppose most
relations won't need or have icons. So in my eyes it would make more
sense to have icons disabled by default (at least for foreign table
relations) and have a TCA option to explicitly enable them. Having
negative switches isn't a good design anyway.

For now I changed the 40 select fields of my extension to suppress the
icons.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch