[TYPO3-dev] backColor=transparent GIFUBILDER

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 20 19:10:54 CET 2011

Hi,

On 20-12-2011 18:36, Georg Schönweger wrote:
> I tried it out a little bit and it seems that it is not really stable
> yet.

It's incomplete and the reason is the lack of support for transparency
in various PHP GD functions.

> E.g. if i try to put an image on the "transparent layer", the
> transparency is gone, the background becomes black. Same thing happens
> when using the option niceText.

Don't use niceText :-) Seriously, if your text doesn't look good with a
TrueType font try to get the Type1 version. Chances are that it looks
better (I'll skip the technical story about aliasing)

No errors on your part or misconfiguration.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.