[TYPO3-dev] New version scheme for system extensions

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Fri Dec 16 17:16:44 CET 2011

Hi Stefan Neufeind,

>> That's why i would like to have the version to be the same as the one
>> the TYPO3 core has, which they are shipped ;)
>
> So in their ext_emconf.php we could just add
>
>         'version' => TYPO3_version,
>
> as a dirty hack? :-)
>
> Not really a "serious" suggestion. But it would make the
> extension-manager etc. happy and do what was suggested here for all
> sysexts without touching the files again and again.

Actually this hack sound quite cool. This would save us a lot of time,
because we can just ask people "What version do you use" and if they say
sysext 4.5-dev, we know this is a dev version and shipped with TYPO3 4.5.
That way we do not have to look up which version was shipped with which
version of the core.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe