[TYPO3-dev] htmlarea changes seem to affect other RTEs like tinymce_rte

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:54:35 CET 2011

As posted above: TYPO§ 4.6.*, it also happens in TYPO3 4.5

Why do I think it is a change made to htmlarea? Because it is a SysExt,
and since there were lots of changes made to TYPO3 core function I
thought it might be likely that core code was refactured, renamed...
whatever ... and therefore the general "workflow" of processing textarea
fileds might have been changed.

I ask you kindly to try the following to verify/falsify my post -
depending on the result I could file a bug report:

- set up a clean TYPO3 4.6.*
- install tinymce_rte
- install loremipsum
- try to embed a Flash movie (should disappear again after saving)
- try to insert text into the textarea (shouldn't show up at all)

@Franz: I am not much of a programmer, I have no experience with
debugging, so someone else's help is kindly appreciated here!

Thanks!
Robert