[TYPO3-dev] htmlarea changes seem to affect other RTEs like tinymce_rte

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Dec 14 21:30:17 CET 2011

Hi Robert,

> It seems there were changes made to the TYPO3 htmlarea rich text editor
> that influence the functionality of other RTEs like tinymce_rte.

Hard to understand how changes to an extension would affect another.

Changes are made in every release. What release(s) are you referring to?

> tinymce_rte is no longer able to save tags like object, params, embed
> etc which are necessary for implementing Flash Videos.

Are you sure? The tags are not saved to the database? If so, maybe a
change in RTE transformation? But, would it not affect aslo htmlArea RTE?

Also, lorem ipsum
> text cannot be inserted in textareas where tinymce_rte is active.

The last time lorem ipsum was updated was on 23.09.2010 for PHP 5.3
compatibility:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/lorem_ipsum/current/

> Both things work perfectly fine in htmlarea. The developers at webteam
> have no explanation either.
>
> So I kindly ask you, the developers, to help us find out what changed,
> so tinymce_rte can function completely again.

Maybe a change in tinymce_rte itself. But, I am not familiar with the
internals of that extension.

Kind regards,
Stanislas