[TYPO3-dev] htmlarea changes seem to affect other RTEs like tinymce_rte

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:02:04 CET 2011

Hi,

Maybe this is the better place to post the following message:

This is mainly directed to the developers who I ask for help!

It seems there were changes made to the TYPO3 htmlarea rich text editor
that influence the functionality of other RTEs like tinymce_rte.

tinymce_rte is no longer able to save tags like object, params, embed
etc which are necessary for implementing Flash Videos. Also, lorem ipsum
text cannot be inserted in textareas where tinymce_rte is active.

Both things work perfectly fine in htmlarea. The developers at webteam
have no explanation either.

So I kindly ask you, the developers, to help us find out what changed,
so tinymce_rte can function completely again.

Thank you for your responses!
Regards,
Robert