[TYPO3-dev] Scheme enforcement in 4.5.x

Felix Nagel lists at felixnagel.com
Fri Dec 9 11:39:22 CET 2011

Am 08.12.2011 22:05, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> The problem is that it is not possible to set the protocol for a
> (sub)tree. We can't look at the TS configuration of the target page or
> even the rootline of the target page; that would cost too much.
> If we add the possibility to inherit the protocol setting (in the page
> properties) to subpages it would be possible to set it for a (sub)tree.

Just for my curiosity: What is the technical difference? Parsing TS pf
the linked page vs. checking the page field url_scheme of the parent
page(s)? Why is it less performance hungry?

> Currently the page properties have three options for the protocol:
> - <empty> : use same as page where link is (using relative URLs)
> - http : force http
> - https : force https
> I propose to add a new setting:
> - no protocol : force to not use a protocol (using relative URLs)

Whats the exact difference between empty and no protocol? "Force not to
use a protocol" leads to "use same as page where link is" Or is it just
to prevent the inheritance when using config.typolinkInheritProtocol?

> Furthermore a config setting:
> config.typolinkInheritProtocol (bool)
> If this is set the <empty> setting will copy the setting from the parent
> page of the target page. This requires a rootline check, but this is
> relatively cheap (a lot cheaper than parsing TS of the target page).
> If this is not set (default) the 'no protocol' setting will have the
> same effect as the <empty> setting.
>
> The result is backwards compatible (no change if typolinkInheritProtocol
> = 0), with the option enabled there is a slight performance loss but you
> can force a protocol for a (sub)tree and even un-force it for some pages.
>
> What do you think?

So we have no default value at all but (for example) using the page
property url_scheme on our root page, correct?
I like this (boolean to enable check) more than my own
config.defaultUrlScheme TS option as people could be confused when
defaultUrlScheme could not be used anywhere in the pagetree to force a
scheme.

Sounds usable to me!

--
Regards