[TYPO3-dev] Plan to migrate extensions from SVN to GIT ?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 8 11:09:41 CET 2011

Hi,

> Is there any plan to migrate all existing extensions from SVN to GIT ?
well, I would say there is of course the idea, to do that. Not to force
people immediately, but at least to offer both VCS for some period.

ATM migrations to Git have to be done manually. This has to be
automatized and also when creating a new project, people have to be able
to choose between SVN and Git for forge projects.

However, before we (Server Admin Team) change anything in forge, we
wanted to migrate it to a way faster server first. This move has to take
place this year. So let's see, what next year brings.

Having all extensions mirrored in Git would be also a nice idea..
however, I don't know if it leads to additional confusion.

So for the moment, I see no other option than creating an own mirror -
either on an own git server or on github.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert