[TYPO3-dev] Plan to migrate extensions from SVN to GIT ?

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:02:30 CET 2011

Hi all,

Is there any plan to migrate all existing extensions from SVN to GIT ?

In our current setup we heavily use svn:externals properties to manage
extensions. As more of them are now using GIT it's becoming an issue for
us. We cannot "include" GIT submodule in our "website" SVN repository. The
only solution I see is to migrate our "website" repository from SVN to GIT
and then using GIT's submodules. Submodules may then be either native git
or git-svn repositories. So I am left with one question: who is providing
the git-svn bridge ?

It would be awesome if the whole TYPO3 svn were available in git
(and optionally SVN made readonly). That would also give a strong message
in favor of git.

So is there any plan or discussion about that ? I would gladly help with
that if needed...

Have a nice day !

Adrien