[TYPO3-dev] git synchronizing on LIVE server without git - is there any trick for that ?

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Wed Dec 7 18:08:14 CET 2011

hi

I have regular model with three stages:
1) LOCAL (my and other developers machine),
2) DEV  (a machine at internet with development site)
3) LIVE (a machine at internet with production site)

The main git repository is on third party server.

Everything works smoothly on LOCAL<->DEV as we have git on them.

The problem is when I need to synchronize changes between DEV<->LIVE
when at LIVE there is no git so I can not make "git pull" there.

What I do now is to manually copy the changed files from LOCAL->LIVE
which is the way I really do not like.

How do you guys cope with synchronizing the LIVE without git with git's
installations ?

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz