[TYPO3-dev] Scheme enforcement in 4.5.x

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Dec 7 11:43:17 CET 2011

Hi Felix,

you don't need to enforce anything on link generation time. You enforce
a redirect on the landing page: Once you hit the landing page, it will
redirect you to the HTTP or HTTPS variant, whichever is configured. This
is how https_enforcer and the new feature in TYPO3 4.5 works. Only that
the new feature of 4.5 lacks a way of telling which is the "default"
scheme for pages where nothing has been declared (leaving the protocol
untouched).

Once we have a way to specify the default value (new feature, candidate
for backporting to 4.5 in my eyes), you can set that to "http" and
wherever you are in HTTPS mode, and click on a link, the first browser
will call that page with HTTPS and then switch (redirect) to HTTP
(because that's the default).

No need to try to parse typoscript settings from remote trees where you
are linking to. The destination page should know what to do. This also
handles the case when external links points to a page which is supposed
to be HTTPS (and user is going to it with HTTP): the magic redirects the
user to the correct protocol.

Cheers,
Ernesto