[TYPO3-dev] Currency display from static_info_tables

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon Aug 29 08:45:06 CEST 2011

On 08/28/2011 07:02 AM, Richard Davies wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm been adding multi-currency support to a shopping system, but having an
> issue with the currency characters displaying correctly.
> The system fetches the currency character from cu_symbol_left from
> static_currencies in static_info_tables.
> The issue I am having is that a few symbols occasionally display
> incorrectly.
> The euro symbol (€) is occasionally, maybe one in every ten times, is
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> displaying as (€).

this looks like you have no explicit encoding-declaration in your
website and the browser is just guessing the correct charset - and
sometimes a wrong one.

having a correct coded database, since 4.5 NO(!) charset-declaration in
localconf.php and a correct encoding-declaration in your HTML all
characters should be correct in every output (HTML, XML, Mail, ...)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html