[TYPO3-dev] getRecordOverlay vs getPageOverlay

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 23 13:37:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Thank you. I reported the issue on the tt_news bugtracker.
> What is needed for someone to take over development of an extension?

You would need to contact the extension developer (Rupert Germann) and
ask him. If he does not answer, you can petition for having the key
transferred to you. That being said, tt_news is very important to the
community and the transfer would probably not be allowed unless a team
forms up.

Then again Georg Ringer and a bunch of other people have been working on
a new news extension, based on Extbase and Fluid [1]. It may be more
worthwhile to join this effort than keep patching tt_news.

> It looks like tt_news is licensed under GPL, are people allowed to fork
> it and publish their new version on the TER?

Sure, you may do so, although I would advise against it. IMO the TER is
already polluted by lots of forks with little added value.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1] http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/news.git (can't find the