[TYPO3-dev] Workspace trouble in TYPO3 4.5

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sun Aug 14 06:45:45 CEST 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:36:34 +0200
Christian Welzel <gawain at camlann.de> wrote:

> Am 12.08.2011 20:22, schrieb Christian Lerrahn:
>
> > Why is the content length correct but the content cut off?
>
> Reminds me of any old problem with IE. If you send the
> HTTP Content-Length header, IE stops receiving data after the
> number of bytes specified there (Content-Length is given in bytes).
> But if you use a multi-byte encoding like utf-8, and calculate
> the length using mb_strlen() then you get the number of characters.
> But in this case the number of characters is smaller than the number
> of bytes... so IE does not receive the complete data.
> AFAIK firefox (and others) happily ignore this mismatch and process
> the whole data.
>
> Perhaps you have some aspect of this problem in your case.

Very much doubt that. I am using FF5 and I believe one of the editors
who had the problem first tried IE8 as well. Anyway, I did not count
the bytes exactly, but the UTF-8 miscount was also an idea I had at
first. However, I can't imagine this being the case because less than
half but more than just a few bytes is missing in the reply.

Furthermore, I logged the outgoing data on the SERVER! In other words,
the server never SENT more than the truncated response. So, this can
impossibly be a browser issue.

Cheers,
Christian