[TYPO3-dev] linkvalidator's memory footprint

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Aug 2 07:54:15 CEST 2011

Hi Christian,

Christian Lerrahn wrote:

>> > Why does linkvalidator use up that much RAM? Does it possibly hold
>> > stuff in memory where there is no need to?
>>
>> Might be, the code is not optimal, but I think the real problem is
>> that you are checking a link that links to a large file.
>
> That's not impossible of course. However, how large is "large" that I
> run out with 1.5GB available. I'm sure that I'm not linking to any file
> more than half that size if at all.

Maybe it has a memory leak somewhere* (does not unset variables). I will
need to profile, but this has to wait until refactoring to use
t3lib_http_request.

* If I recall right, it first gets the list of links, and then runs the
linkchecker on each of them. Maybe it does not unset the linkchecker and
thus holds the content of each in memory.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe