[TYPO3-dev] I blame Git [was:Slow BE since 4.5.x]

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 26 11:53:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 26-4-2011 10:14, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I do not think it is right. Just Git could not kill activity, enthusiasm
> or wish to make changes. I think we should look for other reasons.

Do you have any suggestions for possible reasons?

The drop in activity was at the same time as:
- post-release period of silence (normal, so no reason to be alarmed)
- svn -> git
- core list -> gerrit
- mantis -> forge
- kick-off 4.6
- ...

A move from one system to the other should not cause such a drop in
activity. On the other hand, some websites have experienced a
significant increase or decrease in visitor numbers after they changed
the design. Human behaviour is sometimes very complex and unexpected :-)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.