[TYPO3-dev] standard mailform does not support GET anymore?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 21 11:31:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 21-4-2011 11:00, Nicolas de Haen wrote:
> I just tried to configure the standard mailform to use GET as method
> instead of POST by adding
> tt_content.mailform.20.method = get
> in TS setup. The form is correct rendered with method="get" parameter
> but the mail is not sent anymore. Tried it on 2 different machines with
> TYPO 4.5.2 and with trunk. With POST everything works as expected.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, you are correct. It only works with POST. It's "always" been that
way and the reason is that you can also attach files to a mailform.
These can only be sent via POST.

Maybe your AJAX methods have problems with the secure formmail handling?

You can find the processing in tslib_fe::sendFormmail().

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.