[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Git / Gerrit, no more subversion, can we help?

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Thu Apr 7 09:44:44 CEST 2011

Hi all,

There seems to be a "problem" with many people since the move from
subversion+mailing list to git/gerrit both to "stay tuned" with TYPO3
development and to rewiew / provide patches.

Please don't be shy and report here if you don't feel comfortable and
need help, advice, additional tutorials, pointers to existing tutorials
or whatever you may think of that would help you getting back in touch
with TYPO3 development.

We (Core team and active users) are really willing to help and assist
you if needed as we all need your input and your help to keep TYPO3
being so good and making it even better in future releases.

Switching from Subversion and mailing lists to Git / Gerrit is
complicated? I can ensure you it isn't even if it might seems so. We
have good tutorials in the wiki [1] and we make them better and better
with your feedback.

Since the very early versions of TYPO3, the community as amazingly
helped to make this CMS what it is now. You gave feedback, reported
bugs, provided patches for them, suggested new useful features, or
posted high-level comments on proposed changes, spread the word,
organized workshops and conferences or just "used it" and we are
grateful to all of you.

Please, tell us what *you* personally need or would like to see in order
for us to help you!

Thanks and keep up this incredibly good work!

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Git

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6