[TYPO3-dev] Serving static content from a different domain

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:28:44 CEST 2011

Hi!

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer wrote:
> But maybe PCs nowadays can handle more parallel
> downloaded files at once, compared to the PCs
> which were used for the research 2007 so it _may_
> makes sense to use more than two.

PCs are ok, the problem was only with MSIE. Registry hacks solve that.

The problem was years ago and I am not sure if it is actual. But still lots
of people use MSIE7, so it has to be. I tried to make a dedicated host for
static content for one project but found that MSIE did not do requests to
the same IP regardless of host names. That was strange. As soon as a moved
static content to another server (and set up NFS to that server to allow
TYPO3 to upload there), it worked ok.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member