[TYPO3-dev] hook for overwrite or for new markers in substituteMarkerArray

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue Sep 14 09:00:10 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-14 08:17, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 13-9-2010 23:33, Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
>> Overwriting markers values that are changing in nested subtemplates its
>> rather useless because we do not have the proper information to fill it.
>
> And if the marker is finally replaced a bit later in the surrounding
> template it could contain the wrong information. This will not happen
> often, but there might be situations where things can go wrong.
>
> I'd say: open an issue in the bugtracker, write a patch and submit it to
> the core list! With enough votes it will be included in TYPO3 4.5.

Thanks. I will try but I am quite sure it will get torpedo from core devs ;)

>> a) some orphan ext that are not more developed
>
> There's a procedure to transfer extension keys [1] in those cases.

Right but the willing to loose time to transfer ext just to add one
language label can be very low. People will write xclass for this.

>> b) developed but not very well - see sysext felogin where you have no
>> way to add your own markers
>
> Funny that you mention felogin; you can add markers for fe_user fields.
> ###FEUSER_<FIELDNAME>### is configured in
> plugin.tx_felogin_pi1.userfields.<fieldname> (full stdWrap)
>
> As long as there are unused field markers left you can basically
> (mis)use them for any purpose because they have full stdWrap support.

But (as expected) this function you are referring to fills the markers
only if user is logged so I can not use you way to add simple label/link
marker to login form before user is logged in.

My usage of felogin ends with redirect after a good login so I will
never user those markers anyway :(

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz