[TYPO3-dev] hook for overwrite or for new markers in substituteMarkerArray

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 13 23:00:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 13-9-2010 22:26, Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
> Maybe we should change the core function substituteMarkerArray and place
> a hook there which allow to modify the $marker array.

Are you sure this will work correctly when the extension calls the
substituteMarkerArray function (or comparable functions) multiple times
in various stages of building the output (e.g. nested subtemplates)?

> What do you think ?
> How much can this decrease performance ?

Any hook will decrease performance a little.

Extension authors need to be encouraged to make their extensions more
flexible in this area.

It's quite easy to supply stdWrap support for each field in the db
records inside the Typoscript configuration:

listView {
	field1_stdWrap {
	}
}

And it's also quite easy to support extra markers in the Typoscript
configuration:

listView {
	markers {
		marker1 {
		}
	}
}

The extension only needs to use a few extra lines of code to add this
flexibility.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert