[TYPO3-dev] Only showing a subset of items in a selectbox

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Sep 6 17:15:04 CEST 2010

Hey,

>> you could use a itemsProcFunc and fetch the records of your selectbox
>> via custom queries if that would be an option.
>
> Yeah, I didn't think of that yet. If I now additionally find an easy way
> to configure which records to show, that's worth a try.

I still think a 'foreign_table_where' would be sufficient in your case.
I assume your contacts table has a type field used for
singleTableInheritance - right? So simply do this:

'foreign_table_where' => 'AND tx_yourext_domain_model_contact.type = 1'
// if 1 is f.e. the type for manufacturers

When using a itemsProcFunc, you can also pass configuration options to
it by simply declaring those in the procFunc scope IIRC. The
documentation should give a definite answer about that - but it's for
sure possible.
--
kind regards,
Franz Koch