[TYPO3-dev] A proper way to give up an extension?

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Thu Sep 2 13:26:15 CEST 2010

Am 02.09.2010 07:38, schrieb Franz Holzinger:
> Le 01/09/2010 23:45, Sigfried Arnold a écrit :
>> Lina Wolf schrieb:
>>> I got the feeling that there are a lot of extensions lying around in
>>> the TER that are widely used but not maintained.
>>
>> Another problem is: there are a bunch of extensions wich are obviously
>> obsoleted long time ago but not flagged properly: such as
>> 'cron_cssstyledimgtext'.
>>
>> There should be some method to report such extensions as "might be
>> obsolet" or something
>
> Please use the bugtracker http://bugs.typo3.org to make your proposals.
> Otherwise nothing will be changed.

FYI: Whenever we, the TYPO3 Security Team, become aware of a security
issue in an unmaintained extension, we'll remove those versions from TER.

Looks like this is the fastest way at the moment to remove such
extensions from TER. So, go security bug hunting! ;-)

Nonetheless, to me the ECT seemed to be dead. If they are still alive,
I'm sure the team will get access to interfaces that allow them to
remove extensions. I remember a planned TER cleanup discussed some
T3CONs ago.

Marcus.