[TYPO3-dev] CONTENT: add support for virtual table

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 22 12:25:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 22-10-2010 10:51, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Am 21.10.2010 19:16, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> lib.plaap = ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY
>> lib.plaap {
>>    10 = ASAR #short for ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY and not a normal word
>
> That's why I used MAP instead.

It must be rather unique name to reduce the chances that it will ever be
used as normal data. We already have COA as short form of COBJ_ARRAY.

Anyway, the name is something that can be decided later. Maybe I should
have used something like PLAAP or BLARG as an example :-)

> And 10 and 20 are the keys of the array? Numeric keys are not the best examples for an assoc. array :)

True, but TS doesn't differentiate between numeric and string as Steffen
(K) already mentioned. Sometimes you don't need information in keys
(except for sorting order), so numeric keys are suitable.

Maybe it's best to focus on a concept which can both be implemented in
the existing TS data structures and with features which make it easier
to handle PHP array structures in TS objects.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert