[TYPO3-dev] Managing TYPO3 backend users centrally

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Oct 6 13:34:42 CEST 2010

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:30:39 +0200 Thomas \"Thasmo\" Deinhamer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to manage/create/edit/delete backend users from a central
> place for multiple TYPO3 installations?
>
> We'd like to change/update specific users quickly, but with getting more
> and more installations that's quite a pain.
>
> Thanks for help,
> Thomas

if you have all installations on one (database-)server you could easily
transfer users by transfering/ updating the database record from database
table to database-table (keep watch for uid and usergroups).

having different database-servers you need external access which could be
an insecurity.

so you can transfer records by e.g. PHP you also can transfer TYPO3-
records as export and import so it would be more effort.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html