[TYPO3-dev] phpStorm

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Nov 26 23:10:29 CET 2010

On 26.11.10 22:42, Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:

> hi
>
> I can see some people here are using phpStorm.
>
> What are the main advantages for you comparing to PDT for example ?
>
> Of course PDT is slow ;) but what else ?

* great, fast auto-completion
* all kind of VCS supported
* nice to work on remote servers (upload directly while saving or
caching changes locally and deploying on user-demand)
* shelving of changes (didn't use it, but IIRC it's like putting single
changes to different changesets and later e.g. creating patches for each
changeset)

and the best
* code intelligence! (almost) real-time code sniffing: detects unused,
uninitialized variables and other errors you or your colleagues made
during programming ;-)

Try the v2.0 Early-Access-Preview:
http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/WI/Web+IDE+EAP

Kind regards