[TYPO3-dev] Issue #14602

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 24 11:28:27 CET 2010

Hi,

On 24-11-2010 8:58, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>>> Just a little question: is the issue 14602 [1] planned to be integrated
>>> into TYPO3 4.5 ? I see that a patch is pending in core list. What
>>> about ?
> I think same. Seems like the RFC was a bit lost in Core mailing list and
> did not pop up again after the first discussion. If it were a bug it
> could be part of 4.5 but it's a feature and as Steffen said, feature
> freeze happened with a long list of known bugs to be fixed and recently
> added features to be stabilized.

It's a bit an in-between-status. The graphics routines like to support
PNG-24 images, but some functions don't work as expected. This is to a
large part caused by the way PHP handles transparency in combining images.

Bugs in graphics routines are on my radar generally speaking and I hope
to fix at least a few of the most irritating in 4.5.

#14602 seems to fix on particular case of combining images, but I
haven't thoroughly tested it for side effects (combining transparent
images with text requires different settings in PHP).
If a solution for properly handling transparency will be found this will
most likely find its way into the core.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert