[TYPO3-dev] "Suggest" doesn't always work with inline fields

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 12:23:11 CET 2010

Hello,

There's a problem with tceforms which means that the lovely "suggest"
feature doesn't work for inline elements unless you also have suggest on
the main elements in the form.

The boils down to this line:

if ($this->suggest->suggestCount > 0) {
   $pageRenderer->loadScriptaculous();
   $this->loadJavascriptLib('../t3lib/js/jsfunc.tceforms_suggest.js');
}

I assume that the check isn't going to work properly for inline elements
because you won't have rendered the inline forms at this point, so
perhaps adding some config option to the ext_tables.php part of the TCA
- OR, just load the JavaScript files dynamically using JavaScript. That
would solve a lot of issues.

My solution was to XCLASS tceforms and include it all the time.

Hope this helps.

Dan