[TYPO3-dev] Own icon files for filelinks

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 27 15:59:15 CEST 2010

JoH asenau wrote:
>>> Yes, indeed. But on the other hand inserting such a "meta
>>> information" like a file format icon as HTML instead of CSS is IMO
>>> no longer state-of-the-art. It can be easily done with CSS attribute
>>> selectors (of course not for IE6
>> IE 7 doesn't support them either, which makes this solution unusable -
>> pages must work fully ok with IE 7
>
> And regarding accessibility for non visual browsers or visually impaired
> people it is a no go to show this meta information via CSS only.

Isn't an icon which shows the file type of a linked document considered
to be 'decoration'? It's certainly not content like an illustration or a
graphical button which links to some place.

Decoration should be done in CSS, real content in the HTML. If someone
would ask me I'd say that icons for link types (mail/internal/external)
and file types are decoration.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert