[TYPO3-dev] htmlArea RTE : own plugin dialog

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed May 26 19:16:07 CEST 2010

Hi Xavier,

> According to the RTE document (rtehtmlarea_api_manual [1]), one should
> use function
>
> makeUrlFromPopupName()
>
> to create a proper link to the html file holding the plugin dialog's
> content.
>
> However this function seems to always generate a link to a plugin that
> should be located within sysext/rtehtmlarea:
>
> The requested URL
> /typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/plugins/MyPlugin/popups/myplugin.html
> was not found on this server.
>
> Is there some config I'm missing?

I think you need to set $relativePathToPluginDirectory in the plugin
extension script. See
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/rtehtmlarea_api_manual/1.8.6/view/3/1/

However, makeUrlFromPopupName() will be deprecated as of TYPO3 4.4 and
not replaced. If you are creating a new plugin, I would recommend to use
an ExtJS window with a dynamic form.

Regards,
Stanislas