[TYPO3-dev] BrowserInfo going beserk...

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat May 22 09:50:49 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i looked to this, and right - redmond has an own strategy for UA strings.

What a surprise that they did something in their own way ;-)

> I already fixed and wrote a testcase for IE using strings from this site:
> http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/Internet%20Explorer/

Nice catch!

Still a choice to make: useragentstring.com recognizes the (compatible;
MSIE 7.0 ... part as being MSIE 8 in IE7 compatibility mode. This is
correct and is what you need for statistics. But when it comes to layout
  (and maybe behaviour) decisions then it should be seen as MSIE 7.

> I have to add tests for other browsers too.

If you can use some help with this (I started this, so the least I can
do is clean up some of the mess ;-) ) please let me know.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl