[TYPO3-dev] bugs.typo3.org - reporters should automatically monitor reported bug

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2009 at martinholtz.de
Wed May 19 11:45:54 CEST 2010

Hi Tolleiv,

> I've the impression that some reporters on bugs.typo3.org just post new
> issues but once you ask for further feedback they never show up again.
>
> One reason might be that they don't get a notification when the state of
> the issue is changed. Of course the reporters could "monitor" the issue
> but what I saw only few of them really using that possibility.
>
> And of course I (as project developer or manager) could send out
> reminder notifications if I need any feedback - but I fear that people
> might not like these.
>
> Therefore I'd like to have a setting that reporters automatically
> monitor their own issues. Is this possible with Mantis - is it possible
> on a per-project or only on a per-installation basis?
Every user is able to configure his account, so he can define if he want
to get such messages or not.

But i do not what happens if you create a new account. Perhaps all email
notifications are disabled by default?

So it should be enough to define better default settings, so every new
user would get such emails by default.

gruss,
martin