[TYPO3-dev] Prototype/Scriptaculous and IE(6&7) vs. HTTPS

Nils Blattner nb at cabag.ch
Tue May 18 11:16:52 CEST 2010

Hi there,

We are having some issues with various of our pages that use HTTPS
(fully or partly) in conjunction with IE (only 6&7 that I know of).
Namely that a message pops up that there are certain elements which are
not secure.
I tracked this back to prototype loading some scripts internally. These
apparently are not loaded via HTTPS on IE and cause the message.
Specifically there is a bugtracker for prototype:
https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886/tickets/617-ie7-https-and-__ondomcontentloaded-launch-a-pop-up-with-security-information-this-page-contains-both-secure-and-non-secure-items-do-you-want-to-display-the-nonsecure-items

Thus I updated the libraries to 1.6.1 locally and tried again. Now the
weird thing is that on our development server for the same project it
worked and there are no "not secure"-messages anymore. On the actual
page however this did not resolve the problem.

Did any of you encounter similar problems?
If so please throw some suggestions at me or have a look at
https://www.phbern.ch/index.php?id=2637

Thanks in advance and regards,

Nils