[TYPO3-dev] EXCLUDE FE access instead of INCLUDE FE access, is that possible?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Sun May 16 14:34:16 CEST 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:42:41 +0200 Peter Klein wrote:

> On our sites we have 20+ FE groups.
> Some content on the site should NOT be visible to certain groups
> (Usually just one group).
>
> Right now the editors have to add all the groups to the Access field in
> BE, except the one they want to exclude. But it would be much easier if
> it was possible to EXCLUDE access.
>
> Does anyone knows of any extensions that extends the access method like
> this?

I don't know an extensions like this, but you might help yourself with
TYPO3 itself:

You may invent some further usergroups, which include your basic
usergroups:
except_grp1: includes subgroups grp2,grp3,grp4,grp5,...
except_grp2: includes subgroups grp1,grp3,grp4,grp5,...
except_grp3: includes subgroups grp1,grp2,grp4,grp5,...
 :

either use these groups at access-fields, but I think you propably has to
use these groups for your FE-users.

in one way or the other you should be able to solve your needs.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html