[TYPO3-dev] TCA passthrough

Boros Attila attila at thebat.net
Sat May 15 12:39:46 CEST 2010

Hello Benjamin,

Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:54:48 AM, you wrote:

BM> Hey,

BM> check out extension "wec_map" that adds virtual fields to fe_users for
BM> geocoding (but saves it in its own table). I always use this extension
BM> if I need geocoding, so I don't have to do it by myself.

BM> If you don't depend on this ext, and want to do this on your own, use
BM> "passthrough", I'd suggest.

I'd like to implement my own (simpler but still different) solution.
As I see the wec_map uses a processDatamapClass hook to manipulate the
data, and I could also use that. Is this the correct way to do it?

If doc maintainers are reading this thread, I'd like to say that it
would be really helpful to give an example on the TCA reference page.

Thanks,
Attila