[TYPO3-dev] TCA passthrough

Boros Attila attila at thebat.net
Sat May 15 09:16:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I need a passthrough field to hold data derived from user input. For
example: user enters an address, and I have to show that address on a
google map. For this I need to save the coordinates (latitude and
longitude) of that address in the database. I get this data from the
Google Geocoding webservice, it's not user-editable, and I don't want
to display it anywhere. So I guess I need a passthrough field, right?
Are there other solutions?

If I have to use a passthrough for this, how do I set it's value? The
scenario is this: backend user uses the List module to create a new
record on a page. When he saves the record, my frontend plugin code is
not executed, TYPO3 takes care of saving the data. I would like to do
something like:

          'type' => 'passthrough',
          'value' => 'myClass->myMethod'

but I'm afraid there is no such thing.