[TYPO3-dev] Install Tool: Change of DB password field to "password" input needless?

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri May 14 22:42:29 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> So I suggest to make a checkbox besides the input field which turns it
> into a "clear text" field on demand. This way the user can choose how to
> work with the password, and simply entering the install tool and showing
> it to colleagues won't display the password by default.

I agree with these points, and since I am giving the 4.4 Install Tool
some love these days, I wrote a patch to introduce this usability
improvement by having a checkbox below the password field to show the
contents of the field. It's been posted to the core list a few moments ago.

Since there is already feature freeze for 4.4, I am not sure if it will
make it in (depends on the RM), and for 4.3 I think the game is over for
sure. If not, I can port the feature for the 4.3 branch.

--
Lars Houmark