[TYPO3-dev] Install Tool: Change of DB password field to "password" input needless?

Peter Lind peter.e.lind at gmail.com
Fri May 14 11:36:40 CEST 2010

On 14 May 2010 11:30, Georg Ringer <news at ringerge.org> wrote:
> Am 14.05.2010 11:16, schrieb Thomas Löffler:
>> So, is the change to a password field needless?
>
> If someone is sitting next to you and you don't want him to turn around
> but still want to show him how the install tool works, it is good to
> just have the *****

How often do you find yourself creating a new project site, setting up
Typo3 and showing the process to someone that shouldn't see the DB
password? I'd say changing the password field to type password creates
a lot more hassle than good - it's not good usability and the cases
where you find yourself in a problematic environment (i.e. someone
looking over your shoulder) are so very, very few that they don't
outweigh the benefit of being able to see the password.

Just a personal opinion.
/peter

--
<hype>