[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Removing the feature "Enable extensions without review (basic security check)" from EM

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu May 13 19:44:06 CEST 2010

Hey devs,

I am also for removing this feature completely, and as mentioned in the
other part of the thread, for having a message that is *always* visible
when in the "Import extensions" module that reads something like this:

"Please be aware that extensions are third-party software. Installing an
extension is a security risk, as the high level of quality and security
in the TYPO3 Core can not be assured in these extensions."

BUT: Before we remove the code, I'd love to hear from Helmut about this
topic. It seems the rest of the security team seems ok with removing the
feature.

All the best,
Benni.