[TYPO3-dev] Install Tool: Deletion suggested!?

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Thu May 13 10:28:16 CEST 2010

Currently the install tool states:

This script is a great danger to the security of TYPO3 if you don't secure it somehow.
We suggest one of the following:
[...]
* Delete the folder 'typo3/install/' with this script in or just insert an 'exit;' line in the
script-file there

I'd propose to remove this suggestion from the install tool. It should not be deleted, because it is
needed for future updates.

The install tool already has two security barriers (password and ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL) and can
additionally be secured with a .htaccess file. I think that's safe enough..