[TYPO3-dev] Re: [TYPO3-v4] Removing the feature "Enable extensions without review (basic security check)" from EM

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu May 13 09:53:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

I fully agree too and...

> * When using the "Update extensions" feature, TYPO3 uses the setting
> from the "Settings" of the "Import extensions" feature, and if it is set
> to *reviewed* only the updater will NOT list extensions that are updated
> - it might even hide an extension that was updated due to security
> issues - meaning this feature will work against what was the original
> intent

this is the worst problem I see keeping this checkbox!

I'd better have some additional filter/search criteria such as "number of download is high", "is regularly updated", "is known to work with the TYPO3 version I currently have" and "state is above
beta" or "state is either stable or better reviewed" and then we have something really better and that makes much more sense than this checkbox which does more harm than good.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en