[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Removing the feature "Enable extensions without review (basic security check)" from EM

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:05:29 CEST 2010

Hi!

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> What would you do if you buy a car and it states : 'This care is
> insecure because it contains
> third party components, use at your own risc' ?

My car manual does say that doing certain stuff will cause serious damage
to my health. For example, they warn about using tires of wrong size. It is
not exactly the same but similar. Different tires <-> third–party extensions.

Manuals for all electronic devices tell you to use only included charger
and battery or "serious risk or damage will occur".

So these warnings are quite common.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member