[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Removing the feature "Enable extensions without review (basic security check)" from EM

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Wed May 12 22:05:23 CEST 2010

Hi Francois,

François Suter wrote:
> I remember a discussion about this some time ago. I was part of those
> who supported such a change for much the same arguments as you exposed.
> There was however quite a strong opposition, in particular from Security
> Team members IIRC. Some seemed to say that extension review should/would
> revived, but certainly nothing has happened in the meantime (at least to
> the best of my knowledge).

I should believe that I was in the security team at that point, and
don't recall any such reluctance from team members. Can you maybe find
more evidence of such and present me that (or just point me to the last
discussion)?

I cannot, in any direction I look, see how it would be possible to
revive security reviews, mainly because reviews will need to be done by
a human, and that human has to have some special knowledge, in order to
do it in a way that can be trusted afterwards, meaning a review that is
actually worth anything.

Also I think the security team has enough work with keeping up with
reported issues in extensions.

> So I think it's good to have this discussion again and see how the
> situation has evolved a couple of months down the line.

Yeah, and I guess your opinion haven't changed? ;)

--
Lars Houmark