[TYPO3-dev] HMENU headach

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed May 12 19:20:03 CEST 2010

Éric Thibault wrote:
> Here is my page structure that I want to display :
>
> Page 1
> Page 1.1
> Page 1.2
> Page 2
> Page 3
> Page 3.1
> Page 3.2
> Page 3.3

A very minimal version:
10 = HMENU
10 {
	alwaysActivePIDlist = 15,17
	1 = TMENU
	1 {
		wrap = <ul>|</ul>
		NO = 1
		NO {
			wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
		}
	}
	2 < .1
	3 < .1
}

You only need one HMENU, it stands for Hierarchical MENU, so it includes
sublevels.
The numbers 1, 2, etc. inside the HMENU are the *levels*. So 1 is the
first level (Page 1, Page 2, etc.) and 2 is next sublevel (Page 1.1,
Page 3.1, Page 3.2, etc.)
In alwaysActivePIDlist you need to set the page id's (you'll see them in
the tooltip when you hover the cursor over the icon before the page name
in the pagetree) of the sections you want opened permanently. In the
example 15 and 17 are assumed to be the page id's of Page 1 and Page 3.

Take a look at [1] which has nice examples of menu's to give you an idea
about how you can build menu's in TypoScript.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/current/

--
Jigal van Hemert